R&B newcomer August Alsina has a new visual for his latest single “Downtown,” a soulful, gritty tale of revenge.

“Downtown” is an intimate story of loss and heartache story written by 20-year-old Alsina that details the circumstances of his older brother’s tragic murder.

Alsina, a native of New Orleans, was barely 18 when he received the news.

In “Downtown,” Alsina croons, “Phone just ringing heard a nigga got got/He was over on the East last thing that he heard six shots/He ain’t getting no love from the cops, nobody got caught/Real talk when I heard who it was, my heart near damn stop/Somebody done killed my brother, now I gotta get back, let ‘em know cause a nigga gotta feel that!”

Melvin LaBranch III, 24, was found lying face-down on a sidewalk with a gunshot wound to the head Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2010, according to The Times-Picayune.

He was momentarily responsive when authorities arrived on the scene but succumbed to injuries later in a hospital.

Alsina walks through a cemetery in the visual and visits LaBranch’s grave as he plots retribution.

LaBranch’s three daughters, who wore white dresses, made cameo appearances in the visual.

Alsina tapped fellow N’Awlins MC Kidd Kidd as his song’s guest feature. Kidd Kidd didn’t disappoint, rapping, “Once upon a time downtown in the 9 (9th ward), what it don’t mind dyin’/Sworn to a life of crime, was a youngin’ only stood 5’5, big money on his mind/Clothes ain’t wrinkled while his hands on the iron, shot six times run in front of my mom.”

“Downtown” is a definite must watch.

August Alsina’s EP “Downtown: Life Under The Gun” is now available for download on iTunes.

Check out August Alsina “Downtown” below

Sign up to become a member of kollegekidd.com by clicking here.
For Updates, Be sure to Follow kollegekidd.com on Twitter @_KollegeKidd by clicking here.
You can also stay up-to-date by liking kollegekidd.com FaceBook Page by clicking here

This entry was posted in Kidd Music and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to August Alsina Tells Story Of Brother’s Murder In ‘Downtown’ Official Music Video Featuring Kidd Kidd

1. big mac w/cheese says:

dope

2. Ladasha says:

I had watched his video to downtown and its just sad what happen to his older brother but i do understand where he coming from. thats all i gotta say

• jamie says:

I love u and ur music I am ur biggest fann but I am so sorry about brother please stay alive people think u will die in too more years but I think u can do better

3. Dreonia says:

i had watched this video and i falled in loved with it instanly.i hope august is holding on strong for he lost im pretty sure his brotehr would want him to good even if hes gone.
    R.I.P Melvin

4. i am so sorry about your lost and i hope u fell better and keep onn with your music.

5. im so sorry about your lost keep your head up and focus on your career. also keep singing because you have a amazing voice… strong voice.. R.I.P melvin

6. I’M so sorry about your loss keep your head up and stay strong. Also keep on singing cuz you have a great voice.. R.I.P MELVIN.

7. MzIndependent says:

I’m so sorry for your loss… I hope you and your family and them beautiful little girls are doing better but, man you are very talented and some of these R&b singers about to be In trouble keep doing what you do because you got a great voice I love it!

8. leanna says:

dame that crazy wat happened to hi older broth R.I.P to Melvin LaBranch and i love this video <3

9. Rajanae' says:

Man When I First Heard The Song “Dont Forget About Me” From Beginning To End It Made Me Drop A Tear. Man I Couldnt Believe It!!But I Love That Song.. I Hope I Get To See You Some Day August Alsina !! <3 <3 Big Fan Since Day 1 !

10. Anonymous says:

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

11. Anonymous says:

sexyyyyyyyyy

12. Earnestforevergirl66 says:

I got children his age,im old enuff to b this young mans mother but i love his music my daughter introduced me to his music and his story is sad and moving i feel in love with his story keep Ur head up young brother u r on ur way to great things and keep on grinding. Rest in peace melvin.

13. rodney says:

we share similar stories brother! my mans put me on AA because of that. i shed tears listening to your album, im right with you. keep making that shit that people with nothing can relate to. we need it. youre our voice! stay strong!

14. jadababymybaeAUGUSalsina says:

I am so sorry for your lost august can u plz respond to my comment and u r cute and I love u

15. Dum that’s shit is crazy

16. Alondra says:

I Love August Alsinam Really diggin your Music, Love the fact how you talk bout you and yor family and Not money or bitches, You is the Next Trey songz, and Im really Sorry bout your Brotha

17. Zawanna says:

I love August Alsina…..and after reading the story about his brother then watching the video…I couldn’t do anything but cry. The part where they showed his nieces is what got me….my eyes were watery during the whole thing but when they showed them i couldnt hold it back anymore.. :(

18. Myasiaa Dawson says:

I love you and hope you are keeping your head up. Your my inspiration and always will be. I net your brother is proud for you.

19. mzsexy143 says:

I Hope u stay strong 4 mel. ILY august stay strong. R.I.P MEL

20. Mrs.Alsina says:

This man is an extremely talented individual. It is a blessing that August has turned his pain into a Testimony for the World to hear! This traumatic event could have been viewed negatively, but he relied on his God given talent to change his life for the better!! Being able to hear this story has also inspired me to be the best person I can be. Keep motivating and inspiring your fans August…Thank you for sharing your story!