News

New York City Goes Entire Weekend Without Shooting For First Time In 14 Years

Residents of New York City put the guns down for an entire weekend. This is big news because it happened for the first time in 14 years, the New York Post reports.

Not a single person was reported shot for all of Friday, Saturday and Sunday, city officials reportedly said.

“I really don’t remember a weekend that no one was shot in the entire city,” NYPD Chief of Department Terence Monahan told The Post. “It’s a different city.”

Monohan has been with the department since 1982.

The past weekend was the only string of three days without someone reporting being shot since 1993. NYC adopted the CompStat record-keeping system in 1995.

Unfortunately, the safety streak ended Monday afternoon when a man was shot in the Bronx.

There have been 734 shooting so far in 2019, a 2.5 percent drop from 753 at this time in 2017.

Follow Kollege Kidd On YouTube,Twitter, FaceBook and Instagram

This entry was posted in Kidd News and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

News Links