Lil Durk Calls For OTF Affiliate BayBay’s Freedom Amid Murder Charge

Lil Durk took to social media to call for the freedom of his OTF affiliates DD and BayBay.

“Free dd he know he good tho mfr told on him 2 real savage day 1

“Hardbody foreal free zoo can’t let em take it all that’s why we brothas we both gone come from under this drama,” he captioned the posts that included their respective mugshots.

BayBay was charged in a fatal shooting that occurred during the Fourth of July weekend in 2009, according to the Chicago Tribune. BayBay, born Devonshe Collier, is reportedly suspected of killing 21-year-old Dominic Barnes July 5, 2009 on 47th and Forrestville ave in South Side Chicago.

BayBay, who currently has a pending unlawful use of weapon case from January, was denied bail.

BayBay was taken into custody along with Lil Durk Wednesday after Chicago Gang Police arrived at an Orland Hills, IL residence to investigate a homicide.

Durk was arrested and charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after police saw him with loaded guns. Police reportedly seized a Glock .45-caliber handgun with a magazine and 11 live rounds and a Springfield .45-caliber handgun with a magazine and 13 live rounds. The weapons were reportedly in plain sight near Durk on top of a kitchen island.

Durk allegedly admitted to possessing the weapons, according to a police report obtained by the Tribune.

“I got those pipes ’cause n*ggas always be tryin’ to take my bands,” the report quoted the 22-year-old Coke Boy as saying.

Lil Durk released a fiery message calling out snitches in a phone call while sitting in jail.

“Aye, you b-tch ass n-ggas out there snitching,” he said. “…I been telling you these hoe ass n-ggas been snitching. I’ma be out real soon. Dec. 15, Nuski Got Da Strap.”

Durk bonded out of jail last Thursday.

“They let a real n-gga out, man,” he said. “Out on bond, right now. I ain’t beat my sh-t. Realistic, real sh-t. No tv, man, so I thank the man upstairs. Til we beat the sh-t, keep me in yall prayers.”

Durk’s attorney Sam Adam Jr. says the “Remember My Name” rapper is innocent, alleging nine other people were also in the house.

“Nine people were present,” Adam told the Tribune. “These guns could have been theirs.”

A series of Twitter messages surfaced on Lil Durk’s Twitter account following his arrest on serious gun charges.

“N*ggas Claim Dey Real Until Dey Put In Real Situations!

“They will try to tear me down a million times but I will not break #RememberMyName I’m here to stay.

“Life is 10% What Happen To You & 90% How You Respond’ #RememberMyName



“REMEMBER MY NAME #Nuskigang,” the messages on Durk’s Twitter account read.

This is Durk’s third weapons charge. It comes months after he pleaded guilty to gun possession following a yearlong court battle.

Cook County Judge Joseph Kazmierski, Jr. sentenced Durk to 18 months of probation.

Durk promised to keep his nose clean when speaking with reporters.

“The key word is I’ll be staying out of trouble,” he said, according to the Tribune. “You can put a capital N – for never.”

Durk rhymed he had no problem with probation. In song “0 to 300,” he raps, “Try to give me, probation, I’ll take it any day/I don’t smoke or drink anyway.”

According to Durk’s attorney Sam Adams Jr., the Durk reportedly spent more than 150 hours volunteering for CureViolence at the University of Illinois at Chicago. The judge sentenced Durk to volunteer for an additional 50 hours.

Judge Kazmierski told Durk to be “part of the cure” for the violence in the city.

Durk took to IG to thank his attorney for his legal representation.

“S/o Sam Adams JR great lawyer to have on your side I’’ take probation anyday I don’t smoke or drink anyway,” the caption on his post read.

Lil Durk was arrested in June 2013 after police allegedly saw the Def Jam rapper pitching a stolen handgun in the backseat of a parked Hyundai Sonata in the Englewood neighborhood in South Side Chicago, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Durk was hit with a five-count indictment that included unlawful use of a weapon by a felon. He was ordered held in lieu of $100,000 bail.

Durk’s most serious gun charge was dropped in November 2013.

The Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office dropped that charge citing a recent Illinois Supreme Court ruling that found parts of the state’s gun law unconstitutional, DNAinfo reports.

The state’s gun law that reportedly was struck down is the “Aggravated Unauthorized Use Of Weapons.” The Supreme Court found that it violates the Second Amendment because it makes it a criminal offense for people to bear arms outside of their home or business, according to DNAinfo.

Durk’s other three counts of possession of a gun by a felon were dropped. The charges Durk had to fight included one count of possessing a gun and a second count for being underage when in possession from a previous 2011 weapons case.

Durk made bail in July 2013 after spending more than four weeks in jail for the crime. His release made it possible for him to witness the birth of his daughter. The eldest child, a boy, is 2 years old.

Durk posted a photo of the hospital’s “Labor & Delivery Nursery Care” unit to his Instagram account with a caption that read, “She on the way as I type.”

The Coke Boy took to Twitter to proclaim his freedom following his release, writing, “I’m back bitch yea I’m back bitch did you miss me or u ain’t care bitch…..I’m free.

“Get caught with anotha slamma dey say my first offer 10….#nahhhhhhhhhhh.”

Subscribe to KollegeKidd YouTube Channel by clicking here.
For Updates, Be sure to Follow on Twitter @KollegeKidd by clicking here.
You can also stay up-to-date by liking FaceBook Page by clicking here

Related Posts

This entry was posted in Kidd Music and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.