A Louisiana Tech fraternity house was ablaze Saturday afternoon causing injuries to three firefighters, Fox News reports.
The fire may have started in Pi Kappa Alpha house’s fireplace, The News Star reports. Students reportedly were burning their class notes to celebrate the end of the school year.
Ruston Fire Department spokesman Eric Brazzel told the News Star no students were injured in the blaze, but three firefighters did require medical attention.
One student reportedly was asleep during the fire while the other house occupants were outside waiting for firefighters to come.
The residence, valued at more than $1 million, was destroyed. Brazzel told the News Star News an insurance engineer would be contacted to determine if there was a defect in the fireplace and chimney.
“For some reason the fire got into the walls and that’s what’s being investigated,” he said.
Louisiana Tech Fraternity House Fire Caused by Fire Place
This entry was posted in Kidd Breaking News, Kidd News and tagged asleep, dead, death, died, fireplace, fraternity, fraternity house fire, fraternity house fire fire place, house fire, hurt, injured, injuries, Louisiana tech, louisiana tech fire place, Louisiana Tech Fraternity House Fire Caused by Fire Place, louisiana tech pi kappa alpha fire place, louisiana tech pi kappa alpha house fire, pi kappa alpha, pi kappa alpha fire place, pi kappa alpha house burned down, pi kappa alpha house fire, pi kappa alpha louisiana tech, pi kappa alpha tech, sleeping. Bookmark the permalink.