A Central Michigan University student succumbed to a bacterial infection Friday morning, The Detroit Free Press reports.
Nicholas Collins, of Livonia, MI, died from bacterial meningitis at the St. Mary Mercy Livonia hospital.
Bacterial meningitis is inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord caused by infection with viruses, bacteria, or other microorganisms.
It is common for bacterial meningitis to be caught living in dormitories.
Emily Benatar, a University of Washington student, died Wednesday morning from the infection.
No word if Central Michigan will hold a memorial for Collins.
Bacterial Meningitis Claims Central Michigan University Student’s Life
This entry was posted in Debate and Discussion, Kidd Breaking News, Kidd Lifestyle & Health and tagged Bacterial Meningitis Claims Central Michigan University Student's Life, central michigan student bacterial meningitis, Central Michigan University Student Dies from Bacterial Meningitis, cmu student bacterial meningitis, dorm, nicholas collins, nicholas collins bacterial meningitis livonia central michigan university, Nicholas Collins Central Michigan University bacterial meningitis, Nicholas Collins CMU bacterial meningitis, Nicholas Collins Livonia, Nicholas Collins Livonia Central Michigan University, nicholas collins michigan, nicholas collins trout dorm, nick collins, Nick Collins Bacterial Meningitis, Nick Collins Central Michigan University, Nick Collins Central Michigan University Bacterial Meningitis, Nick Collins CMU, Nick Collins CMU Bacterial Meningitis, Nick Collins Livonia Michigan, nick collins michigan, trout dorm. Bookmark the permalink.